Sunday, January 13, 2019

Eating food

Brandi and I are participating in a three-week Daniel Fast with our church (started this past Thursday, finishing end of January).  It is certainly uncomfortable and inconvenient, but I want to focus on how this is an act of love to the Lord instead of focusing on how much I miss certain foods.

This morning, I listened to a Soultime meditation about eating healthily and using food to cover soul pain.  I know that I am tempted to eat more when I am stressed, and I am particularly keen on sweets.  When we finish this fast, I don't want to go back to eating a ton of sugar.

One of the guided prayers was about forgiving yourself for inappropriately using food to address soul pain.  I wonder if some of my chronic back pain is related to my self-criticism and not forgiving myself.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your mercy and grace through Jesus.  Jesus, thank you for making the way for forgiveness.  Holy Spirit, I hear you, and I say "yes" to you.  As you have forgiven me, so I forgive myself.  I will not judge myself for past sins; they are washed away by the blood of Jesus.  Lead me to walk as a free man in Christ.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment