Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Pursuing friendship with the Holy Spirit

As a four year old boy, Rhett loves to rough-and-tumble, but he also has a tender heart. He is a gentle giant.  I think Rhett has some similar personality traits as the Holy Spirit.

Rhett also reminds me a lot of my brother Jeremy.  I regret being so harsh with Jeremy, and I believe that God has given me a "second chance" to be gentle.

I think part of my breakthrough in fellowship with the Holy Spirit is learning to play with Rhett and be gentle with him.  Somehow my relationship with him is key to growing in friendship with Holy Spirit.

I need to learn to be playful.  (I almost knew how to be playful when I was in high school.) I think this is a key to growing in joy this year.  

Father, thank you for your grace shown in second chances.  Thank you for allowing me to grow in my friendship with Holy Spirit.  Jesus, thank you for your example of walking in step with Holy Spirit.  Holy Spirit, I want you to be my best friend.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment