Saturday, January 26, 2019

Different perspective

We are in Ruidoso for a work retreat in preparation for our upcoming program accreditation review.  Of course, they are providing wonderful food and snacks.  Last night, they had some awesome smelling BBQ, beans, and mac and cheese. This morning, I opened the door from our hotel room into the hallway, and the smell of bacon immediately gripped me.  And then they had some wonderful smelling cookies.

Honestly, I felt like I was missing out.  And then the Holy Spirit told me that what we are gaining in this Daniel Fast FAR EXCEEDS what we are missing out on in food.

Father, thank you for being abundant.  I believe that by fasting, I am seeking first your kingdom and righteousness, and I am gaining infinitely more than the temporary satisfaction of tasty food.  Holy Spirit, I want a better relationship with you.  Help me listen to you.  Let's talk.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16‭-‬18 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment