Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Walking on water

Matthew 14:25‭-‬29 NIV
Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.  But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."  "Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."   "Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.

I used to think that Jesus was able to walk on water because He is God, but now I believe that Jesus allowed Himself to be constrained to operate within the limits of humanity, empowered by the infinite Holy Spirit to do the will of the Father.

Jesus knew the will of the Father, and He knew the anointing of the Holy Spirit.  He walked in those relationships.  So, when it was the Father's will for Him to cross the lake on foot, Jesus walked on water.

And I believe that we can do the same.  We can know the Father's will and defy physical laws as we obey Him.

Father, thank you for grace to know you and partner with you in doing your will.  Jesus, thank you for your example of obeying the Father's will.  Holy Spirit, thank you for your presence, power, and love.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment