Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Judgemental mindset kills joy

Several weeks ago, the Lord told me that one way I can grow in joy is to let go of being judgemental.  I am realizing that this applies to all situations of being critical of others and myself.

This may sound trivial, but I was driving last night, and someone cut in front of me while we were turning through an intersection, and they didn't even use their turn signal!  I was a little frustrated and said something, and I felt the Holy Spirit say that even those little situations of passing judgement are stealing my joy because it established a mindset of being judgemental.

Jesus has paid the penalty for every single, and I have been forgiven of all of mine.  So, I choose to walk in the freedom and joy of mercy.

Father, thank you for your mercy and joy.  I want to enter into the joy of the master.  Please use me to make a return on your investment.  Deliver me from being judgemental.  Holy Spirit, continue to show me where my heart needs to change.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment