Thursday, January 31, 2019

Fasting

Brandi and I completed our first three-day water fast this morning, as a conclusion to our first 21-day Daniel fast.  Both were challenging, but especially the water fast.

In the announcements on Sunday, I shared that Brandi and I were going to finish the Daniel fast with a water fast.  Sam reached out to us on Tuesday and asked if we would be interested in Joanna leading a praise night at our home at the conclusion of the fast.  It was such a blessing! Especially yesterday at the most difficult part of the fast, I was able to look forward to praising the Lord that evening.  I am very thankful for our church body and people being attentive to encourage and bless others in their walk with Christ.

When I woke up this morning, my spirit was singing, "Day and night, night and day, let insence arise!"

I know that we grew in discipline and self-control, and we sowed seeds of faith that will grow and bear fruit in the future.  We practiced a posture of humility to make ourselves available to experiencing God in a deeper way.

Father, thank you for sustaining us through this fasting.  Jesus, thank you for your example.  Holy Spirit, we want more of you.  Make us more like Jesus.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment