Tuesday, January 26, 2021

First 3.7-day fast

The Lord gave me the strength to fast for almost four days.  I wish I would have spent more dedicated time in prayer, but it still was an incredible experience. 

I ate dinner Thursday evening, and then I broke fast with dinner on Monday evening.  (I did have communion on Sunday morning, but I don't count that as breaking fast.)

I shared a few speculative thoughts with Brandi yesterday.  I think there are both temporary and permanent benefits to fasting.  In some sense, there is a heightened awareness of the spiritual reality that occurs during and after fasting, but it decays with time.  That is why it is so important to fast regularly.  But, somehow on a different dimension, there is also a cumulative effect of all of the fasting that you have done - an accumulation of the collective impacts of all of those fasts.  It changes you.

Father, thank you for the opportunity to fast.  Jesus, thank you for the example of fasting.  Holy Spirit, thank you for your presence and encouragement during fasting.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment