Friday, January 22, 2021

Seeking the Father's heart

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?'  Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
Matthew 7:21‭-‬23 NIV


It is the instinct of the true believer to search for and find, that which brings pleasure to the Father.
- Bill Johnson, Dreaming with God


Many times I feel like I am doing a lot of "good things", but I'm not confident that I'm doing what God wants me to do.  I need to mature so much in my relationship with the Father; I feel like an infant/toddler who can sort of stumble around but can't have a conversation with the Father.  I think I need to spend more time trying to learn how to talk with the Father.  But most of the time, I am too busy because I am generally overcommitted.

Father, please teach me to talk with you.  Jesus, please teach me how to talk with the Father.  Holy Spirit, please teach me how to talk with the Father.  I want to know your heart.  I want my heart to match your heart.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment