Friday, January 15, 2021

wonderings

Proverbs 1:30‭-‬31 NIV
Since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.

I wonder what seeds I am planting in my ignorance of wisdom.

Matthew 5:31‭-‬32 NIV
"It has been said, 'Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.' But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

You get a pastor to perform a wedding, but you get a lawyer to perform a divorce.  I wonder what fraction of couples considering a divorce go back to the pastor instead directly to the lawyer.

Father, I want to humble myself to follow you and receive your wisdom. Holy Spirit, please lead me.  I ask in the name of Jesus, and I know that you are faithful to give wisdom to those who ask. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment