Friday, March 26, 2010

fundamentals

Joshua 22-24

Here are a couple of verses that highlight the theme of the entire Bible:

22:5 But be very careful to obey all the commands and the instructions that Moses gave to you. Love the Lord your God, walk in all his ways, obey his commands, hold firmly to him, and serve him with all your heart and all your soul." ...

23:14 "... Deep in your hearts you know that every promise of the Lord your God has come true. Not a single one has failed! ... 

24:14 "So fear the Lord and serve him wholeheartedly. Put away forever the idols your ancestors worshiped when they lived beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord alone. 15 ... But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

Of course, we are not able to serve the Lord - apart from the love of the Father, the work of Christ, and the regeneration of the Holy Spirit.

Heavenly Father, I love you, and I want to walk in your ways.  Lord, please teach me to obey your commands, and may I hold firmly to you for the rest of my life.  I pray that I will serve you with all of my heart and my soul so that I can grow closer and closer to you for all of eternity.  May your name be blessed and praised because you are always faithful to your promises. Please teach me how to depend on you based on your promises, not on my limited understanding of who I think you are.  Dear Lord, may I lead my wife and children to fear you and love you.  Please use us to bless the nations with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I ask in His name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment