Monday, March 22, 2010

Holiness of God

Joshua 10-12

As I read about the Israelite warriors utterly destroying the kingdoms in Canaan, I wrestle with the character of God.  How could God allow all of those people to be punished so brutally, even children.

I am reminded that, because of sin, we are all deserving of death, and His holiness demands justice.  It would be entirely appropriate for us to die instantly from sin, but according to His patience, He allows us time to repent.

Heavenly Father, you are holy, and you are righteous in all of your works.  I praise you for your patience and mercy.  Thank you for your enormous love, which you proved by allowing to be done to Christ your Son what should have been done to me.  May your name be praised among the nations.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment