Thursday, March 4, 2010

desperate

Numbers 31-33

Nate led the devotional this morning at men's prayer breakfast, and he focused on the passage in Mark 5 where the woman touched Jesus's robe.  He posed the question, "Are we, like the crowd, content to only watch Jesus, or are we desperate to approach Him in faith and touch Him for healing in our lives?"  I shared with the Brothers at my table that my son has not been sleeping through the night, and while I am tired, my wife is flat exhausted.  I feel like she is dangerously exhausted.  I told them that I have been praying that the Lord will let him sleep through the night so Brandi can get some rest, but I just don't know why He won't answer my prayers.  I feel like I am desperate for the Lord to bring rest for my wife.

Heavenly Father, you are holy and good, and you don't owe me anything.  You have been merciful and gracious to save me by the Blood of Jesus Christ, and I am thankful for my salvation.  Thank you for my sweet wife and healthy son.  Lord, thank you for providing for us and taking care of us.  Lord, I don't know how to touch you, but I need you to touch my wife and son so that Brandi can rest.  Lord, will you please take care of her.  I beg you in the name of Jesus Christ, please pour out your grace on her by giving her rest and strength.  And Lord, if there is something that you are trying to teach me that I am not getting which is holding up the progress here, please open my heart and mind to learn so that Brandi can get some rest and healing.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment