Monday, March 1, 2010

two good meetings

Numbers 20-23

I met with Brother Tom from my congregation this morning for prayer.  It was such a good meeting!  He shared with me two concepts that were very helpful.  First, he related a marketplace example that when they purchase rice, for instance, you agree to purchase a certain volume/mass (e.g., a bushel) for a certain price.  After the price is agreed, it is customary to ask the seller to add some more rice (e.g., a few cups).  Brother Tom related this experience to seeking first His Kingdom and righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.  The Kingdom is the bushel - it is what we are really buying!  The rest of the details of our lives are additions!  The thing is, the Lord is so kind that He is generous with His additions!  Praise the Lord!

I just missed a bus by two minutes.  Not to worry; I'll just read my Bible here at the bus stop while I wait for the next one.  Well, the Lord put me on the same bus as Herb!  We had a good conversation about Christian charitable giving.  He had read a citation of Ezekiel 16:49 about Jerusalem:  "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy."  Does that sound like the USA, or what?  I also told him that I had for him a DVD copy of the God Story sermon series that Dr. Steven Smith preached at our church.  He came up to my office with me to pick it up, and he was very grateful for it.  I pray that the Lord will use it to help him see and understand the Gospel message more clearly.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your kindness to me.  Lord, I praise you because you are holy and good.  May my life be spent for your Kingdom and Righteousness.  I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment