Friday, June 4, 2010

advice and influence

2 Chronicles 21-22

King Jehoshaphat was a good king, but his son Jehoram was a knucklehead - partially because he married one of King Ahab's daughters.  So the answer to the question, "Was he a knucklehead and then married her, or did she influence him to be a knucklehead?" is probably, "Yes."

So, God took out Jehoram, and Ahaziah (Jehoram's son) became king.  But guess what? His mom influenced him to do wrong.

And just as I was about to get the holier-than-thou attitude with Jehoram and Ahaziah, I realized that apart from God's grace, I too would have already self-destructed my life and drawn others into self-destruction.

I pray for godly counsel and influence for me, my wife, and my son.  The gravity of spiritual degradation is always pulling us down.  But it is never too late to start doing what is right.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your grace and mercy through Jesus Christ.  Thank you for continuing to sustain me and grow me.  Lord, please provide us with godly influence and advice, and steer us away from the wicked desires of our hearts.  Lord, may we give our lives in service to you and to honor your Holy Name.  Lord, please use us to influence others and lead others to experience your wonderful love and light.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment