Tuesday, June 1, 2010

spiritual dynasty

2 Corinthians 15-17

15:12 Then they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their ancestors, with all their heart and soul. ... 15 All in Judah were happy about this covenant, for they had entered into it with all their heart. They earnestly sought after God, and they found him. And the Lord gave them rest from their enemies on every side.

It is so sad that Asa did not follow the Lord in the end of his life.  I think he became comfortable and complacent, and he forgot all of the things that the Lord had done for him.  This is a challenge for me to be faithful in remembering and thanking God for all of the ways that He has blessed me.

16:3 The Lord was with Jehoshaphat because he followed the example of his father's early years and did not worship the images of Baal. 4 He sought his father's God and obeyed his commands instead of following the evil practices of the kingdom of Israel. 5 So the Lord established Jehoshaphat's control over the kingdom of Judah. All the people of Judah brought gifts to Jehoshaphat, so he became very wealthy and highly esteemed. 6 He was deeply committed to the ways of the Lord. He removed the pagan shrines and Asherah poles from Judah.


It is my desire to seek the Lord with all of my heart and soul, and to catapult my son to go even farther with the Lord than I have.  I pray that the Lord will give him influence to bring many people into the love and lordship of Jesus Christ.

Heavenly Father, thank you for salvation in Jesus Christ.  May I never take your grace for granted.  Lord, thank you for Christian parents who raised me to fear you.  Thank you for the opportunity to get a college education and graduate school education.  Lord, thank you for giving me spiritual gifts to use in your Body, and thank you for the opportunity to exercise those gifts.  Lord, thank you for my sweet and devoted wife and my joyful son.  Thank you for giving me a vocation and a job to fulfill this calling.  Lord, please use me to bring honor to your Name.  May I be a faithful disciple, husband, father, and professional.  And I pray that you will capture my son's heart, draw him close to you, and use him powerfully in your Kingdom.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  I love you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment