Monday, June 28, 2010

arbitration

Job 11-13

Note: if something bad happens to a friend of yours, don't tell them that it happened because they sinned.  Not only is it bad theology, it just makes your friend hurt worse.

But I love these words in chapter 9:

 32 "He is not a man like me that I might answer him,
       that we might confront each other in court.

 33 If only there were someone to arbitrate between us,
       to lay his hand upon us both,

 34 someone to remove God's rod from me,
       so that his terror would frighten me no more.

 35 Then I would speak up without fear of him,
       but as it now stands with me, I cannot.

Heavenly Father, you are righteous and holy, and there is nothing I can do to earn your kindness or mercy.  It is only by the blood of Jesus Christ, God and Man, that I can be removed of guilt and your righteous wrath.  Thank you, Jesus, for bringing me into fellowship with the God of the universe, and that I can speak to Him as a son speaks to his father because He is my Heavenly Father.  I love you, Lord, and I want to know you and love you better.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment