Wednesday, June 30, 2010

fundamental hope

Job 17-19

We must never forget our eternal destiny in Christ - residence with Him forever!  I pray that the Lord will grow the longing of my heart to see Him and be made entirely pure - spirit, soul, and body:

 19:25 I know that my Redeemer lives,
       and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.

 26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
       yet in my flesh I will see God;

 27 I myself will see him
       with my own eyes—I, and not another.
       How my heart yearns within me!

Heavenly Father, please purify the desires of my mind, heart, and will to desire you only.  Lord, please intensify my longing for you and the realization of your eternal Kingdom.  Lord Jesus, I am your servant.  May it be to me according to your Word.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, my Living Redeemer.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Peter Kreeft says, "The only ultimate disaster that can befall us, I have come to realize, is to feel ourselves to be home on earth. As long as we are aliens, we cannot forget our true homeland."

    This is quoted in Max Lucado's book, "When God Whispers Your Name." Lucado is saying that we should never be truly happy on earth, because we are not at home. He says, "Unhappiness on earth cultivates a hunger for heaven. By gracing us with a deep dissatisfaction, God holds our attention. The only tragedy, then, is to be satisfied prematurely. To settle for earth. To be content in a strange land. To intermarry with the Babylonians and forget Jerusalem."

    "And you will never be completely happy on earth simply because you were not made for earth. Oh, you will have your moments of joy. You will catch glimpses of light. You will know moments or even days of peace. But they simply do not compare with the happiness that lies ahead."

    I believe that you will find, as you grow older, that you will long for heaven, more and more.

    kw

    ReplyDelete