Monday, May 9, 2011

the end of the world

Luke 21:1-19 

7 "Teacher," they asked, "when will all this happen? What sign will show us that these things are about to take place?"

8 He replied, "Don't let anyone mislead you, for many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Messiah,' and saying, 'The time has come!' But don't believe them. 9 And when you hear of wars and insurrections, don't panic. Yes, these things must take place first, but the end won't follow immediately." 10 Then he added, "Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, and there will be famines and plagues in many lands, and there will be terrifying things and great miraculous signs from heaven.

Maybe it is only the "power of suggestion", or maybe it is just better news coverage, but it seems to me that natural disasters have been increasing in frequency and intensity.  Earthquakes, tornadoes, droughts, ...  I wonder what "great and miraculous signs from heaven" will look like.
 
Heavenly Father, I trust that you are in control.  I love you, and I know that you will accomplish your good plan.  Lord, please give me discernment to know the signs of the times, and please make my life an intervention for the people who don't know you and don't realize how time is running out.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment