Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Son of God and sons of God

John 1

14 So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son. ... 18 No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father's heart. He has revealed God to us.

 
This past Sunday morning, we attended CityView Church, and Pastor Gary spoke about us being orphans versus sons of the Father.  I have been very anxious about the tenure process, but I need to see myself as a son of the Father, who provides everything that I need.  I need to trust Him.
 
12 But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. 13 They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.
 
Heavenly Father, you are so kind to adopt me into your family.  I was an orphan, but you adopted me through grace and faith in Jesus Christ.  Now I am a son of the Father, and a brother of the Son.  Lord, I shouldn't fear, because your perfect love casts out all fear.  Lord Jesus, you are light, and you are full of unfailing love.  I want to shine your light and share your love with the world around me which so desperately needs your love and grace.  Lord, please use me to reveal the Father.  May I live incarnationally like Jesus did.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment