Tuesday, May 10, 2011

end of the period of the Gentiles

Luke 21:20-38
 
I think these verses are very impressive, and quite practical:

25 "And there will be strange signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. 26 People will be terrified at what they see coming upon the earth, for the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then everyone will see the Son of Man coming on a cloud with power and great glory. 28 So when all these things begin to happen, stand and look up, for your salvation is near!" ...

34 "Watch out! Don't let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don't let that day catch you unaware, 35 like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. 36 Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man."

I want to live my life in costant waiting expectation of Jesus's return.  I want to be ready to greet Him, having been busy growing His Kingdom.

Heavenly Father, I love you, and I am thankful for the promise of Christ's return.  Lord Jesus, I love you, and I want to stay focused on you and your Kingdom.  Holy Spirit, I love you, and I want to keep in step with you.  Holy Spririt, please show me the Father and the Son.  Lord Jesus, please annoint me with the power of your Holy Spirit.  Heavenly Father, please bring me into communion with you through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.  I love you, Lord God Almighty, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment