Tuesday, May 31, 2011

light, life, love, truth, freedom

John 8:1-32
 12 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."
 
 31 Jesus said to the people who believed in him, "You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. 32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
Jesus is the light of the world, and we who follow Him are also the light of the world.  We show people the Way of Life when we remain faithful to His teaching.  What are the essentials of His teaching? Love God and love people.  In this practice, we will offer our bodies as living sacrifices and prove what is His good, pleasing, and perfect will.  We will experience the freedom from sin and death that is in the Life of Jesus Christ.
 
Heavenly Father, thank you for the Light of Christ Jesus.  Lord Jesus, thank you for shining your light in our hearts and using us to shine in the world.  Holy Spirit, please guard my heart and mind so that I will be a disciple of Jesus and stay faithful to His teaching.  Lord, please deliver me from my selfishness and my own way of doing things.  I want to follow you and walk with you, and I need you to rescue me from myself.  I love you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment