Wednesday, May 25, 2011

getting thristy

John 4:1-23

This past Sunday morning, I was passing through Austin, so I stopped by GHBC to see our church family there.  It was very encouraging to see everyone and hear the lesson from Scotland and the message from Danny.  I was encouraged in my pursuit of the Lord.  Scotland's lesson focused on the first few verses in Colossians 3 about our actions being transformed by Christ, and Danny's message was the first in a series of sermons about being a "man after God's own heart".  I need to love God and pursue Him passionately.  I need to be thirsty for Him.

After the service, I was visiting with a few of the pastors and deacons, and I asked them, "How do I get spiritually thirsty?"  Mike said that in the physical, if you do work, then you get thirsty; so in the spiritual, you do His work, and you get thirsty.  Kyle said that He will make us thirsty if we pray and ask Him.  Kathy said that she has found a renewed thirst whenever she has gone on a spiritual retreat from business.

Heavenly Father, I want to know you and do your work.  Please make my heart thirsty for more of you, and please let my thirst be contagious so that others would taste and see how good you are.  Lord, please arrange a time of spiritual retreat so that I can get away from being so busy and just focus on you.  Lord, please deliver me from feeling guilty about not getting work done; teach me to be satisfied with what you accomplish through me.  Father, thank you so much for Brandi, and thank you for taking care of her.  Please bless her, and help me be a good husband to her.  I love you, Lord, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment