Thursday, October 4, 2012

children of light

Eph 5
8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord.
Last night, I attended a play called "Let Newton Be" by Craig Baxter.  It was a very interesting presentation of the biography of Sir Isaac Newton, whose primary interest was theology.  From the presentation, it seems like Newton was thoughtful of physics and mathematics in response to his understanding of God.  Pure speculation here, but I wonder if Newton's interest in light and optics stemmed from the many references in Scripture about light and its association with God.
 
Heavenly Father, I want to live as a child of light.  Please shine your light in my, on me, and through me.  I pray that I will be a reflection of your light in this world, demonstrating the fruit of the Spirit.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, whose eyes are like blazing fire, and whose face is like the sun shining in all of its brilliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment