Wednesday, October 10, 2012

holiness

Col 1
22 Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.
 
Heb. 10:14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
I don't think of myself as holy.  Sometimes I think about trying to become holy.  But the Scripture says that he has already accomplished holiness for us.
 
So maybe I should live FROM holiness and TO holiness.   Holiness behind me, and holiness before me.  Only Jesus.  Grace.  No works.  But holy works because of grace.
 
Heavenly Father, thank you for making me holy through Jesus.  I am a follower of Jesus.  I am holy because of Him.  And I am trying to live a hly life as I abide in you.  I love you, and I want to honor you by allowing you to demonstrate your holiness through me.  Please help me.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment