Friday, October 5, 2012

training my children

Eph 6

4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord.

This verse challenges me.  I don't think I exasperate my children.  But I don't feel like I am nearly as intentional about training and instructing my children as I should be.
 
Thinking about the body, soul, spirit reality, I want to train my children to be disciplined and healthy with respect to each aspect.  Good nutrition and exercise, reading and social interaction, and scripture and prayer.  Not just reactive, but proactive in teaching them these principles.
 
Heavenly Father, please help me train my children, and please show me grace by leading them to love you and walk with you.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment