Wednesday, October 3, 2012

building up the body

Eph 4
11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
I have received a deeper appreciatin for these verses over the past several months.  Our pastor, Greg, has challenged the leadership of our church to really think about how Christ has gifted us and how we can engage in service to the body.  As a teacher, I am thinking about different scales of teaching: larger gathering, home group, and one-on-one.
 
I think I need to pray more about how the Holy Spirit wants to use me.
 
Heavenly Father, please use me to build up the body.  I want to be available for you to use.  Show me how I can serve the body. I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment