Tuesday, October 23, 2012

multiplication

1 Tim 2

This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people.

Brandi and I have been hosting a homegroup for almost two years. We are thankful that the Lord has grown our group, but we need to multiply.  Not for the logistical reasons of trying to fit too many people in our house, but because God wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.  I believe that one of the most effective ways of engaging people who do not know Him is through inviting people over to your house for dinner.  Thus, we need to multiply so that the people in our group will be sent out to engage others with Christ.

But Brandi and I can't simply mandate multiplication; it has to be realized and appreciated by each person in the group.  Of course, I am glad that we have a good group dynamic where people feel welcome, but I want people to learn, grow, and go replicate.  I think we need to be more proactive and intentional about helping our group understand the multiplication process.

Heavenly Father, thank you for a friendly group.  Please help us all see that your desire is for all people to experience the forgiveness and love of Christ.  Help us see how we can share you with the people around us.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment