Wednesday, October 17, 2012

sexual purity

1 Thes 4
3 It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control your own body[a] in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; 6 and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister.[b] The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. 7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8 Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.
I think this is one of the more direct passages regarding sexual purity, as well as the connection to our relationship with God.  I have also been recently convinced that I need to spend more time with Brothers in Christ, encouraging each other to stay pure from sexual sins.
 
Heavenly Father, please keep me clean, and keep me close to you.  And please use me to help my Brothers who struggle.  May we be aware of the Enemy's attacks and guard each other.  I love you and ask in the name of Jesus.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment