Wednesday, October 24, 2012

servant leader

1 Tim 3

1 ... If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. 13 For those who serve well as deacons gain a good standing for themselves and also great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus.

I was challenged by one of my spiritual leaders during college to be aware of opportunities to serve the body as a leader.  I distinctly remember encouraging another Brother in the same way about a year and a half ago.  I think we need to encourage leadership, knowing that God desires faithful leaders to step up and lead.  I am also reminded of a little quote that one of our pastors in Austin shared with us:  "Efficiency is doing things right.  Effectiveness is doing the right things."  I think leaders focus on doing the right things.

I need to pray more for my pastor.

Heavenly Father, thank you for opportunities to lead in your Body.  Lord, please give me strength, and may I serve well in your Kingdom, so that you will be pleased.  Lord Jesus, please give strength to our pastors.  We love you, and we ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment