Wednesday, February 19, 2014

He is compassionate

MRK 3:9-10 ESV
And he told his disciples to have a boat ready for him because of the crowd, lest they crush him, for he had healed many, so that all who had diseases pressed around him to touch him.

Instead of retreating from a mob of diseased people, He allowed them to approach Him.  He anticipated their clamoring for healing; He made Himself available.

With so many hurting people around us every day, it is easier to keep our eyes averted, but Jesus engaged.  It is easier to retreat, but Jesus made Himself available to their need.  And since we have the Holy Spirit in us, I believe we will see God's healing power work through us, as well.

Heavenly Father, I want to be available to help people.  You have rescued me from destruction; please use me in your kingdom to help others.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment