Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Apostleship

Mark 6:7, 12-13 ESV
And he called the twelve and began to send them out two by two, and gave them authority over the unclean spirits. ... So they went out and proclaimed that people should repent. And they cast out many demons and anointed with oil many who were sick and healed them.

It seems to me that the great commission is not different from this commissioning, but inclusive and superseding.  Could it be that "make disciples of all nations" might also include preaching repentance and healing illnesses?

Heavenly Father, please help me faithfully preach the good news of Jesus Christ.  Lord, I believe that you have sent us into the world; please help me see myself as an apostle (in the generic sense) and ambassador of Christ.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment