Saturday, February 15, 2014

Making disciples

MAT 28:18-20 ESV

And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

If you boil it down, it seems like the 'make disciples' part is the essence.  Disciples study and obey all of Jesus's teaching, especially in loving God and loving one another.

Heavenly Father, please help me focus on making disciples.  Help me be a disciple, genuinely committed to following you, and making disciples.  Lord, I want to invest in your kingdom.  Please help me see where you are leading and join you in your work.  I love you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment