Saturday, February 8, 2014

Investments

MAT 25:20-21 ESV

And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, 'Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.'  His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.'

The Lord wants us to invest what He has given us for the Kingdom.  The truth is that the profit is His responsibility; we must be faithful to invest.  And when we do, we will share in His joy.

When I was in Boston last semester, I resolved to be more intentional in living a lifestyle of consistent spiritual investment in my family, church leadership, teaching, and one-on-one discipleship.  I have been investing more time and energy in these activities for the past month, and I see that it takes dedication and intentionality, and I have to be careful to protect the time with my family.

We helped support a couple who were missionaries in Russia for several years.  Watching the opening ceremonies of the winter Olympics last night in Sochi brought back a flood of memories for them.  I think spiritual investments make an impact  deep in your soul and last for eternity.

Heavenly Father, may I be a faithful servant who loves you and invests what you have given me for the Kingdom.  Lord, please help me stay focused on eternity, not the temporary things of this world.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment