Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Servanthood

MAT 23:11-12 ESV

The greatest among you shall be your servant.  Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

I have to confess that last night I got a little frustrated with how much time I have been asked to invest in service over the past several weeks.  In this american culture, it is easy to focus on ourselves (work, family, etc), but Christ teaches us to focus on others.  Also, I think even my role as a professor is mainly to serve others, not myself.

Heavenly Father, please help me change my attitude from focusing on myself to focusing on helping others.  Lord, I love you, and I want to honor your sacrifice and selflessness by living the same way.  I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment