Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Show and tell

I remember a show and tell when I was in a summer school program when I was in primary (I think between kinder and first).  I remember that my mom let me take something that she had from England, and I remember the fun of sharing something special with my friends.  (I hope she got it back.)

Matthew 15:29‭-‬31 NIV
Jesus left there and went along the Sea of Galilee. Then he went up on a mountainside and sat down. Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them. The people were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled made well, the lame walking and the blind seeing. And they praised the God of Israel.

The show and tell was two-fold.  The people brought their sick and hurt and told Jesus about their pain.  Jesus brought the presence of God, showed them the Father's goodness and the Spirit's power, and told them the Gospel.

Sunday evening, we met with a couple who is interested in joining our church, and Shaun told us about them going to pray for people to be healed.  He told us about praying for a woman waiting in line at a tattoo parlor who was deaf, and the Lord healed her on the spot.

I want to participate in the show and tell.  I want to join in the fun of sharing His goodness and power.

Heavenly Father, I love you, and I know that you are good.  Lord Jesus, thank you for your example.  Holy Spirit, I know that you are with me, and you are growing me to hear you and walk in obedience.  I believe that you want to use me to heal people to show your goodness and love.  Show me the next step.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment