Friday, October 28, 2016

Running blind

Luke 18:35‭-‬39 NIV
As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging. When he heard the crowd going by, he asked what was happening. They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by."  He called out, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"  Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"

Isn't it sad that the leaders of Jesus's entourage tried to prevent Bartimaeus from meeting Jesus?  May I never block anyone from meeting Jesus.

I love the passion in Bartimaeus.  He knew that His only hope was Jesus, and he cried out even louder.  May I pursue Christ with that passion every day.

And I love how Bartimaeus ran to see Jesus, even though He could not see.  He did not cling to his meager belongings, and he was willing to trip over something or run into someone for the sake of getting to Jesus:

Mark 10:49‭-‬52 NIV
Jesus stopped and said, "Call him."  So they called to the blind man, "Cheer up! On your feet! He's calling you." Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus.   "What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him. The blind man said, "Rabbi, I want to see."   "Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you." Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me eternal life, but may I be consciously aware of my constant need for more mercy and grace to continue growing in maturity.  Lord Jesus, may I run with abandonment to you for mercy and grace. Holy Spirit, lead me to more spiritual sight. I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment