Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The death of me

And [Jesus] said, "The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life."   Then he said to them all: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.
Luke 9:22‭-‬23 NIV

Just as Jesus was getting really popular, it was like He changed His plan.  But it was really part of the plan all along.  Just didn't make sense to people like us.  Especially Peter.  "No, Jesus, snap out of it.  We are not going to let that happen to you.  Too much on the line, now.  You've finally made it to the big-time, and we need to capitalize."  But thank God that He didn't listen to Peter.

So, what does that mean for me.  If Jesus sacrificed His career and His skin for me, should I do the same for Him?

I've been thinking of Lecrae's lyrics in After the Music Stops:
"I don't do this for the money.  I don't do this for fame. I don't do this so the industry can know my name. I do it in hopes to glorify Yeshua who came."

What does it look like to carry my cross?  What is my cross, anyway?

Heavenly Father, I love you, and I want to walk with you.  Help me see past the temporary things of this world, and help me see my life through the lens of eternity.  May my life be spent in eternally profitable endeavors. Give me understanding on what my cross is and what it means to bear it. I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment