Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Abundance

John 10:2‭-‬4‭, ‬9‭-‬10 NIV
The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.  The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.  When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. ... I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.  They will come in and go out, and find pasture.  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Jesus is the Shepherd and the gate.  And His intention is not only survival, but abundance.

I just spent two days at the ACCORD Network WASH conference.  Yesterday morning, a pastor shared a devotional about wine and wineskins.  He talked about how water is essential, but wine is abundance.  (I think it is analogous to what I've been thinking about how salvation is essential, but Holy Spirit anointing is abundance.) The pastor shared about how new wine (juice) is poured into new/renewed wineskins.  After a wineskin has been used, the wineskin can be renewed by soaking in water and oil (Holy Spirit).  The pastor encouraged us to be humble and open to being renewed.

I realized that I work on water technology development because I believe that survival is a necessary step toward abundance.  I want to be a minister of the full Gospel of Jesus, not only salvation, but abundance in Him.

Over the past 36 hours, I have made a lot of contacts in the faith-based WASH sector.  I am very encouraged by the work and collaboration that is ongoing.

At lunch this afternoon, a professor at a Christian college spoke powerful words of encouragement to me.  He told me that what I am doing is important, and I will be able to help these organizations.

Heavenly Father, thank you for Living Water, and thank you for the wine and oil of the Holy Spirit.  Thank you for the opportunity to collaborate with you and your children to bring more children into your family so that they can enjoy your abundance.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment