Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Fruit of the Spirit

Galatians 5:22‭-‬25 NIV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

I want to live by the Spirit.  I am crucified with Christ, and He now lives in me (2:20); I have been crucified to the world, and the world to me (6:14).  The Lord is producing in me a crop of righteousness.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your mercy of sacrificing Jesus to pay the penalty for my sin, and thank you for the grace of giving me your Spirit of freedom.  Lord Jesus, thank you for your example of life lived in freedom, demonstrating the fruit of the Spirit.  Holy Spirit, please produce more fruit in me, and continually remind me that my flesh has been crucified.  I want to walk in step with you. May others see your goodness and good work through me.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment