Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Living out Jesus's commission

Mark 16:15‭-‬20 NIV
[Jesus] said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."  After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

I want to live this out.  Except the snakes and poison stuff.  But seriously, I want to drive out demons, speak in new tongues, and heal sick people.

What does it take to actualize? Read a bunch of books?  I think it is a do-learn process.  I think I just have to try.  Step out in faith and try to be obedient.  And He will direct me.  (It is a lot easier to direct a moving car than a parked car.)

Heavenly Father, thank you for always calling me deeper with you.  Jesus, thank you for your example and commission.  Holy Spirit, thank you for your presence and power.  May I respond in loving obedience.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment