Monday, November 7, 2016

Peace and Joy

On the night before Jesus was crucified, Jesus summarized a lot of teaching with his disciples.  I am impressed with two aspects of the fruit of the Spirit that Jesus wants for us, which I want more of in my life: peace and joy.

John 14:27 NIV
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

John 15:11 NIV
"I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete."

John 16:24 NIV
"Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete."

John 16:33 NIV
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

John 17:13 NIV
"... but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them."

So, if Jesus wants these for me, how do I let Him increase them in me?  I want to abide in Christ.

Heavenly Father, I want to abide in your presence.  Lord Jesus, I want your peace and joy.  Holy Spirit, please increase peace and joy in me.  Shine your glory through increasing your fruit in my life.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment