Friday, November 4, 2016

I AM

"I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am.
John 13:19 NIV

I like this translation of this verse.  On the night before He was crucified, Jesus washed his disciples' feet and told them that one of them would betray Him.  And He told them why He was telling them, "... so that you will believe that ἐγώ εἰμί".  That is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew version of "I AM", God's name that He told Moses.  Jesus was effectively saying, "...so that you will believe that I am who I say I am. I am the Messiah.  I am the God of the Israelites.  I am the I AM."

Heavenly Father, I love you.  Thank you for prophecy that proves that you are eternal, and you see the beginning from the end.  Lord Jesus,  you are the Messiah, the Son of God, and the great I AM.  You are one with the Father in a way that is beyond my comprehension.  Holy Spirit, help me be in more awe of who you are, and how you are one with the Father and the Son.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment