Friday, August 10, 2007

life in the Spirit

 
Ephesians 2 and 3 are just RICH with good stuff!  First of all, I am biased towards Ephesians 2:1-10 because that is one of my memory passages (it's kind of like I own it now because it's inside my head).  Here's the boiled down summary:
 
Once we were dead and doomed forever because of our sins, but Christ died for us to satisfy God's wrath against us.  Not only that, but now we live this incredible life in Christ and have the promise of living forever with Him.  It's critical to realize that we did nothing to earn it; God is so incredibly kind to us!  He wants us to live lives of goodness that show how great He is.
 
Paul's prayer at the end of Ephesians 3 is so good I just have to quote it:
14 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, 15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. 16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.   20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for your wonderful kindness towards us.  Jesus, thank you for bearing the Father's wrath toward our sin.  Holy Spirit, thank you for living in me to accomplish your good work.  Lord, I pray that I will submit my will to yours, and that today you will reign in my heart, mind, soul, and body.  I give you my life as a sacrifice, that Christ may live in me today.  I pray this in the name of the Lamb who was slain for the sin of the world - Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment