Saturday, August 25, 2007

goals and objectives

 
From my reading of Scripture (and various theological books I've read recently), I think I have observed a list of goals and objectives (certainly not exhaustive):
 
GOAL:  glorify God
 - objective:  love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength
       - task:  give praises and thanks to the Father (enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise)
       - task:  keep your eyes fixed on Jesus Christ, the Son (deny yourself, take up your cross, and follow Him)
       - task:  obey the Holy Spirit's leading in your life  (set your mind on the Spirit, not on flesh)
 - objective:  Love your neighbor as yourself
       - task:  love your Brothers and Sisters in Christ with acts of kindness and mercy
       - task:  love the lost with the above and by preaching the Gospel
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for your mercy and your grace through sending your Son into the world that I might live through Him.  Lord, I praise you for your perfect plan of redemption, and I thank you for including me in your Kingdom.  God, I want to glorify you in everything I do.  Lord, help me.  I need your grace.  I pray this in the Name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment