Wednesday, July 23, 2008

man's response to Yahweh

Isaiah 66:1-24; 2 Kings 21:1-22:2; 2 Chronicles 33:1-34:3; Psalm 82:1-8

I studied the beautiful sunrise this morning as I waited for the bus.  It was amazing with brilliant orange and saturated pink on a background of soft blue and white.  I prayed, "Lord, you are even more beautiful than this sunrise which is only an infinitesimal reflection of your glory."  Then I opened my Bible and began reading in Isaiah 66:

 1 This is what the LORD says:
       "Heaven is my throne,
       and the earth is my footstool.
       Where is the house you will build for me?
       Where will my resting place be?
 2 Has not my hand made all these things,
       and so they came into being?"
       declares the LORD.
       "This is the one I esteem:
       he who is humble and contrite in spirit,
       and trembles at my word.


King Hezekiah - good then blessed then proud
King Manasseh - wicked then repentant and humble
King Amon - wicked
King Josiah - young and ignorant then good then gooder

Prayer
Heavenly Father, you are beautiful and glorious.  Thank you for revealing yourself through the sunrise and your Scriptures.  I pray that I would be humble and repentant like Manasseh at the end of his life, and I pray that I will seek you like Josiah and lead others to seek you wholeheartedly.  I pray that the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart would be pleasing in your sight, O Yahweh, my Rock and my Redeemer!  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment