Thursday, July 31, 2008

knowing Yahweh

Jeremiah 8:4-9:15, 9:22-10:16, 26:1-24

9:23 This is what the LORD says:
       "Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom
       or the strong man boast of his strength
       or the rich man boast of his riches,
24 but let him who boasts boast about this:
       that he understands and knows me,
       that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness,
       justice and righteousness on earth,
       for in these I delight,"
       declares the LORD.

10:10 But the LORD is the true God;
       he is the living God, the eternal King.
       When he is angry, the earth trembles;
       the nations cannot endure his wrath.
12 But God made the earth by his power;
       he founded the world by his wisdom
       and stretched out the heavens by his understanding.
13 When he thunders, the waters in the heavens roar;
       he makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth.
       He sends lightning with the rain
       and brings out the wind from his storehouses.


Q:  What is the only thing worth doing in this life?
A:  Knowing Yahweh.

Q:  Who is Yahweh?
A:   He is the true God, the living God, the eternal King, powerful,and able to accomplish His Good Will.  He exercises kindness, justice, and righteousness because these please Him.

Q:  How do we respond to this truth?
A:  We would do well to believe this truth, confess it with our lips, and exercise kindness, justice, and righteousness in the way we live.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I believe that you are the one true God; there is no other!  I confess that I am a sinner, and I put my faith and hope in the Resurrected Jesus Christ who died to pay my penalty for sin.  I want to live out those attributes that please you.  Please help me exercise kindness, justice, and righteousness so that you may be pleased and glorified.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment