Friday, October 24, 2008

I AM

John 9:35-10:21, Mark 10:2-12, Matthew 19:3-12, Luke 16:18, Mark 10:13-16, Matthew 19:13-15, Luke 18:15-17, Mark 10:17-22, Matthew 19:16-22, Luke 18:18-23

Last night we had our first small group meeting, and I am so excited about our weekly meeting.  It was so encouraging to fellowship and share a meal.  We had a great discussion of Acts 1, and through the discussion, several people made insightful comments that really helped me understand this chapter much better.  The main point that I walked away with was, if Jesus is really alive in me, then the power of His Holy Spirit will be operating in me and through me.  As I am faithful to be open and transparent with the people around me, God will work through me to testify to the life of Christ.  I can't argue people into believing in Christ like some academic philosophy; I simply show people how the love, life, and light of God are in me.  I want to be fully desiring Christ and only satisfied in Him.

John 10:7 ... I am the door of the sheep. ... 9 I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. ... 14 I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, 15 even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.

O, that I would know the voice of the Good Shepherd!  He is the great I AM!  He promises to give us His Divine Life abundantly!  I want to look for opportunities today to share with others the love of Christ Jesus.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, please tune my ear to the voice of Jesus Christ.  I pray that you will squelch the world from my mind, and that Christ will be all I desire.  I pray that as I throw myself toward you, that you will draw me close to you and lead me to follow you more earnestly.  Lord, please fill me with your Holy Spirit and show your supernatural goodness and love.  Please produce your Fruit in my life - for your glory and so that others might glorify you also.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, the Great I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment