Monday, October 20, 2008

are you ready?

Luke 12:22-13:17, 13:22-14:24

This is one of the most challenging passages that I have read recently:  Luke 12:31-48 - verses 35-36 and 48 in particular.

What does it mean to "be dressed and ready for service and keep your lamps burning"?  What does it mean to open the door for Christ when He returns?  Am I living a life of integrity?  Am I being a good steward of every breath, every second, every penny?

With respect to "being dressed", I am reminded of Romans 13:14 and Ephesians 6:10-18.  With respect to "being ready for service", I am reminded of 2 Timothy 2:15.  With respect to "keeping your lamps burning", I am reminded of Philippians 2:14-16.

I have been given much - much much.  And I know that much is expected of me.  But it is not me that produces the Fruit that remains; it is Christ through His Spirit.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want to be ready and eagerly awaiting Christ's return.  Please help me live honorably today.  I want to bless you with my life, but I know that the only way that is possible is if the Life of Christ is raised up in my life which must be coincident with the death of my self.  I pray that I will be baptized into the Life of Christ today - my selfish flesh crucified so that the Life of Christ may be resurrected in me.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, for whom I am waiting expectantly.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment