Wednesday, October 22, 2008

man of truth

Luke 17:20-18:14, John 7:1-52

John 5:18 He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.

It is my hope that I will not work for myself but for Christ.  This goal requires that everything that I say or do represents Christ perfectly.  I've got a long way to go.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, instead of seeking honor for myself, I pray that you will empower me to humble myself before you and seek only to honor you and to honor you only.  I pray that I will be an ambassador for Christ as Christ was an ambassador for you.  Lord, please make me a man of integrity, a man of truth, a man without anything false.  I desire to have your character - perfect truth.  Please destroy my selfish flesh as you raise up Jesus Christ (who is Truth itself) through my spirit.  It is in his name that I pray. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. That's a good scripture to go with yesterday's post too.

    ReplyDelete