Thursday, November 20, 2008

freedom!

Galatians 4:8-6:18

Freedom is through the person and work of Jesus Christ, by the power of the Spirit!  When set our mind on the Spirit (Romans 8), the Holy Spirit leads our spirit to obey the law of zoe life.

5:1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. ... 16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. ...  22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

6:8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. ... 14May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. ... 18The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers. Amen.

My goal is to be a Spirit-spirit man, as was the Lord Jesus Christ.  I can in no way crucify my self, but by drawing near to Christ through His Holy Spirit, the crucifixion of Christ is effective on my own flesh.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, please fill me with your Holy Spirit and anoint me to do your will.  I pray that I will set my mind on the Spirit and allow you to produce in me the fruit of your life.  Please make me a man after your own heart, to be completely satisfied in you.  I ask for the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ to be with my spirit.  May I sow diligently to please the Spirit, and may I never boast of my self but only the person and work of Jesus Christ.  Lord, please deliver me from the enemy, this world, and my own self.  May I enjoy and share the freedom that comes from your life, love, and light.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment